Monday, October 8, 2007

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish

While I have been playing catchup the past few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about what I am doing with my photography and where I want to go with it. Then I ran across this transcript of a speech by Steve Jobs (Apple Inc.) at Stanford University's commencement in 2005. It is a lengthy read but well worth taking 5 minutes out of your day to do so.

The mental attiude that Jobs describes is a comforting way to think. Knowing, or believing rather, that although the path we take is not always very clear, and you never know what turns you might have to make, but not knowing does not necessarily mean we will not like what is around the next bend or that a detour may take us to a better place. We may not be able to anticipate every bump in the road, but we can make sure the fire inside us always stays lit.

No comments: