Monday, September 1, 2008

AVP Crocs Tour Cinci

The AVP Crocs Tour stopped in Cincinnati again this year and I got the chance to go. I have been playing beach volleyball for 6 years now and I didn't want to pass up a chance to see Misty May and Kerri Walsh, or Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers. A special thanks to everyone who said no to going with me because since I bought a single ticket I was able to sit courtside directly behind Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers. The other Olympic Women's team of Elaine Youngs and Nicole Branagh were there as well. Even though their medals weren't with them it is the closest I'll probably ever get to a Gold. Phil is so tall he makes it look so easy, but he is actually very quick and able to get all of his 6 foot 9 inches down to the sand for digs if he needs to.

Here are some pics from my prime seats...

Misty and Kerri waiting for the serve


Misty May - Treanor spike


Stretch Walshstrong


Misty May - Treanor serve


Misty May - Treanor dig


Misty May - Treanor


Walsh missed block


Super Serve from Dalhausser


Stretch DalStrong - All without touching the net


This is how close I sat to them...no zoom on this one


Elaine Youngs signing autographs after her match


Serve by Nicole Branaugh


Nicole Branagh spike, block by Jen Boss


Elaine Youngs jump serve


April Ross jump serve


April Ross block


Since there is not a lot of fabric real estate for logos and sponsorship the players don temporary tattoos

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I'm a friend of Scott Huck, and he mentioned to me that you were at the tour. I was there as well, taking photos from across the court from where you were sitting. I'll tell you, yours turned out a lot better, I couldn't seem to shoot any faster than 1/45 with my old EOS D60. Nice shots.